Thursday, April 2, 2020

diplomatizes pontine prognosticator



 Light travels faster than sound.
This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. 

You know, I am so over this corona virus thing.  I am just tired of hearing about it because everybody is in similar boats and wanting to get back to our regularly scheduled programs.  I want to watch the news without a main story about how many people are infected in any given state, and how many died.  It's not that I don't care, it's more that I DON'T CARE.  I don't care to hear from non-experts spouting all their experienced advice.  I don't want to be judged because I won't wear a mask to Publix. And especially I don't want anybody elbowing me as a handshake replacement.  Just don't do anything but greet me with your voice.  

I am sorry for the people out of work, people on the edge-  of course I care about them, but there are so many in that situation that they are getting a bailout.  Of course they want their jobs to return (and so do I!) but things are going to be way different when we get back to the new normal.  Many companies will be out of business completely, Many new restaurants will fail before they even had a chance.  Mom and Pop stores probably won't make it through, but there will be new things ideas pop up that we cannot even imagine.  Just let's get on with it.

I've been walking with my friends down the center of the street, no problems-  nobody is driving around here.  I run errands-  pharmacy, grocery, pet store for giant bags of puppy food, and the bank.  Mostly I go to the studio as my destination- we'll talk about that after the Squirrel Part:


I've been noticing how few squirrels we have here this season, probably because I remember walking Molly around 15 years ago and there were squirrels yakking at us from every tree.  Now I do similar routes with Ollie and don't see a single one.  But we DO see a bunny-  I believe the same one every morning.
End of the Squirrel Part.

It looks like the show must go on in the Rocky Mountains.  The Boston part of the group is getting their things together and I am too-  I had thought 5 or 6 pieces but they requested 11.  Just the sheer terror of getting them there made me shake and cut out two of the smaller ones which would have required a fourth box.  Already I am going to have to sell my blood for what it will cost- I have three sons tubes packed tight and I cannot lift two if them.  Today I taped the ends on and they are completely ready to haul to FedEx.  My PROBLEM?  I am gonna send all these quilts out there, they will get hung by the chimney with care, and nobody will be able to come SEE 'em.  Our panel discussion, the opening, and our field trip to the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum- all is cancelled.  So, if you are anywhere near Golden in May, please stop by IF IT'S OPEN.  Thank yew...

I found out today that the Lush Puppy Pet Resort, where I take Ollie for playgroup once a week (hopefully soon to be twice a week!), indeed is an ESSENTIAL SERVICE and they are staying open.  Only change is they come and grab the doggies from the car, then when it's pick up time they bring them out to the parking area.  He has such a good time there, and lets go of some of his excess energy so he's a happier little fellow when we aren't screaming at him continually.  Well, we try not to..

Spent FIVE hours in the studio today not doing anything creative, just Unknitting a shawl that above mentioned puppy grabbed and ran with yesterday.  I was dealing with half an unwound ball and some chewed and lost stitches in the shawl.  It took major forensics to figure out what was salvageable so that's how I spent the day (after packing the quilts and hemming 2 new pairs of Levis.-  and I know someone of my age should not be buying new Levis but someone of that age should also not be chasing a puppy around with knitting in his mouth.)  I am not of that age yet.

Everything is shut down, Florida has State Troopers stopping anybody from NY trying to get into FL.  They are flooding down here to escape the city.  

OK, I need some Ahht :

Rejecting anthropocentrism, Liz Sexton wants to break down the boundary between human and animal life. The Minneapolis-based artist creates large papier-mâché pieces of foxes, owls, and other wild animals designed to be worn by humans, creating a hybrid being that she often situates in non-natural environments, like a rat near the subway lines or a porcupine fish out of water.
Sexton began making her facial masks a few years ago after constructing a couple of Halloween costumes, although she’s worked with the versatile paper material for many years. Made of brown paper, paste, and paper pulp, each piece takes a couple of weeks, if not months, to create. The artist tells Colossal that her “hope is that the viewer gains not only awareness of the animal but a sense of kinship and empathy.”
I often work on species facing existential threats, such as marine life, though I suppose this uncertainty applies to most animals at this point. Photographing the animal heads worn out of their natural habitats, and in our immediate world, highlights the displacement that many creatures experience. I also enjoy working on animals that likely live very close to us but we don’t necessary see. Bringing them out into our human habitats, on a human scale, they become neighbors, commuters, a visible part of our community.







Have to run, TY had some luck with making Sunday Sauce the other day and now wants to master bread this evening.  I know, I know.  He thinks he will be biting into his very own sourdough tonight because I haven't told him about the overnight rise.  

                                                                                         A Bad Sew and Sew

No comments:

Post a Comment