Monday, September 24, 2018

disguise lurex irritant

Jackson Pollock once told a reporter: “I’ve got the old Eighth Street habit of sleeping all day and working all night pretty well licked.”

Snapped at Michaels a few weeks ago, and also sent to me by a friend who saw it in a different state.  LOVE it when people do stuff like that, knowing I will appreciate!  Bet these are all gone-  they are maybe 18" tall so hard to store between squirrel holidays.
He comes matched to a few other disgusting scary animals too:

    
 A less intimidating rat----------------AND my nemesis, a giant ugly Bufo toad

Don't tell Michael's I sent ya.

I told you about the bold raccoon who wans=dered up to my patio door the other day, eh?  He never came back in the daytime BUT one day on the steps into the pool was several giant poops where he apparently sat and washed off all the dirty food he found.  Unfortunately the roofing job across the street generates a lawn full of tossed chicken bones and empanadas not up to standards.  So he picks up anything he can carry and comes over her to wash it.  SO, to foil his visits I tied my giant alligator float to a lawn chair and he floats hither and yon scaring away the raccoon.  The pool guy continually tosses the alligator to the side and I have to return him to the float job continually.  AND the alligator scares Molly so she won't even go into the back yard now.  Every solution has it's problems.  But next I'm gonna get a pop gun and sit out there getting eaten by bugs waiting for him to appear.  Then, POW!  That should scare him off and put the alligator back in the garage where he belongs.

The Guard Alligator in position.  Note the string (chain?) that keeps him from blowing off into the hinterlands.

As you might tell, I am back from Boston.  I got home to a schedule I have already messed up, doctor appointments, social stuff, and work projects.  I thought I could get so much done.  But no-  first Ancestry contacted me and said I am 35% Swedish.  No, my dad was always called Swede but nobody actually was from there.  Then my cousin called and wanted to know if I could do anything with our grandmother's wedding dress- she sent it to me so I am pondering on that:
    
 Like Doublemint, there are TWO, TWO, TWO dresses in one.  The first is the cotton inner dress with boning and a flounce around the bottom, and the second is silk with beautiful tucks around the waist (which wouldn't;t fit over my thigh!) and a lace and hassled collar.  In my head I cant imagine that they were worn together- different lace, underdress neck doesn't fit or work well with butter dress collar, odd things to my brain.  Anyway, I have permission to DO something to them.  I never knew my grandmother at this size, always was a short stout woman, but this was worn about 1909 and I didn't know here until 'mid-century', as we say.  

Anyway, that's my challenge now.  And it's fitting that I am also now up to my neck in Ancestry!  They sent me a correction that shows I might be 6% Swedish now, even thats odd- the rest of me is just what I've always been told, English with just a tad of Germanic.  My relatives from England landed in Boston in 1635, no wonder I felt so at home there all that time!  There was also a map of the migration of the family across the country dropping Townsends wherever they landed.  Like salt.  I was hoping for a bit of drama somewhere but it didn't happen.  Now I am going to make formal tree out of a giant piece of watercolor paper showing my relatives and TY's relatives.  He can only go back to grandparents so won't take too much room.  It will end with my grandkids so they will have it if they ever want add to it over time.  

Today I am dropping all this stuff at the studio and hope I can stay for awhile to at least put things away before I start another project.  

So today I will leave you with a Superman logo poster showing the way it has evolved over years.  We'll just call it the ARTY PARTY for the morning, OK?

He must have a personal line to Betsy Ross to have all of these changes over the years ready to stitch up.

                                                              Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment