Monday, February 18, 2019

priestesses maturational dodge





Here is it, an anonymous date 'probably after Christmas' as I said before.  The time of year got away from me, my frontal lobe was completely shut down, and the easiest thing to give up was a blog.  So, from now on it will come out sporadically if at all.  Blogging is so 2000, right?  

                                          Gratuitous (Missing) Squirrel Picture

Fortunately I have managed to spend some time in the studio over the last few months, and have finished the Snipe quilt.  You probably know the snipe story, right?  It goes like this:  Naive folks are invited to go on a snipe hunt by a seasoned hunter.  A snipe is a small bird that lives in the marshes and mud near a body of water.  But the image people have is of a much larger bird, say the size of a chicken.  So, what you do is lie down next to a fallen log, wear a disguise if you can, and catch the snipe with a burlap bag as they run by.  There may or may not be a 'snipe flusher' in the entourage.  So, here's the snipe quilt.

                  A WISP OF SNIPE, THE SNIPE HUNT


Have no clue what will become of it, but my eyes are open for any Snipe-Themed shows that may come up.  This started out with just making a giant piece of orange fabric from my hoard of Kaffe stripes.  I figured I'd make a shirt, but instead it came up next to a few of my animal herd quilts Ive got started or, at the very least, thought about, and WHAM, the Muse finally hit me with her lightening bolt.  Admittedly she erred on the detail of using DC current, but at least she showed up for once.  You want a detail?
  Here two of the hunters are with their wings harnessed on, their masks tied, and their burlap bag ready for a whole snipe family.  

   And this is the background before the damn snipe came into my life, a whole wisp of them, since a group is called a Wisp.

And that dear readers is the latest in my series of animal groupings, hopefully with many more to follow.

Life is getting exciting around south Florida lately-  the traffic is unbelievable, there are new restaurants opening daily, the blue-heads are back in force so we stay in and don't mingle.  The manatee reserve was so full there were manatees on top of manatees over the coldest January on record.  I got to wear the sweaters I hauled down here in 1992 finally.  And I have invested in a few new sweatshirts too.  We haven't as yet turned on heat, but things are warmer now all over and the sweaters are mostly going to Goodwill since they seemed to be outdated after so many years.  I Kondoized my closet-  well not quite, but I cleaned off one shelf there and threw out a whole bunch of lightbulbs from the top shelf in the laundry.  Hey, i's a start.

Pod 8 has regenerated so I have been attending a few of those meetings, unfortunately a hike up I-95 and the loss of the major part of the day.  They really aren't at the same point I am so I am thinking I will go occasionally but it isn't the stimulation I need-  I do better on my own.  

OK, now I am going to rid my desktop of some things I have been saving.  Kondo-izing my laptop, we'll call it!

 
Other than radiation, no animals were hurt, they were probably already dead to participate in this.
But isn't it interesting to see the way things work?

How similar all our mechanics are?
Note the tags on this bird's feet


  


Today I am headed off to a giant crab show held annually just a mile from here.  I usually find some great new stuff to inspire me, occasionally I find a piece to bring home but I am getting very discerning as my walls fill up and my surfaces gather cool objects.  Now I look with my eyes instead of my purse.  
(Believe that?  Wanna go on a Snipe hunt???)

                                 Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment