Sunday, December 15, 2019

deliveries poises zircalloy

James Baldwin


Ha, been so long I've forgotten how to do this.  Yikes.  But twice in the last week I have been asked when will I start up the blog again, so, as they say, BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND...

I know, that's doubtful, and in order to continue happily and not just talk to myself it means I must push and threaten and offer cash prizes to get readers.  Not gonna happen.  I will tell a few friends and see if they tell a few friends and etc etc.  If not, at least these files of squirrels will get posted.  And I do have a few things that have happened over the last year or so.  After all...

                                                

Isn't that nice?  I don't believe it for a minute.  First of all Beautiful and Great don't have anything to do with each other, and fitting Gratitude in there is, at best, dicey.  Sorry Friedrich, if that is your real name...  

Let's do squirrels like the Old Days

                                    

Let's talk about crocheting for pigeons:




    
When first engaging with these crocheted bird suits by artist Laurel Roth Hope it’s not without a bit of whimsy and an immediately appreciation for her skill with yarn and needle. The colorful one-of-a-kind sweaters are each designed to fit a standard urban pigeon, complete with a hood retrofitted with eye and beak holes. While the project isn’t without a bit of humor, its warning is particularly dire: each suit represents an extinct bird species and highlights the futility of restoring lost biodiversity. The works are purposely displayed on hand-carved pigeon mannequins to suggest that animals we most abhor are often the ones most capable of thriving within a human-made environment.

OK, this was just a test of the waters, folks.  I will stay with it for awhile and see what happens.  I really can't stand Facebook or Instagram and this gives me more of a chance to whine and talk a little art, and tell you all about my new puppy.

As my son says, "Didja hear mom got a new puppy?  Do the math."  And my daughter's reply, "Not IT!" More later.


1 comment:

  1. Well hurrah . . . you are back and Gary Larson is on the internet . . . my life is complete!

    ReplyDelete