Friday, February 14, 2020

heroin shoer insupportableness


HAPPY PALENTINE'S DAY, 
HAPPY GALENTINES DAY, 
and oh yeah, 
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY
isn't that ridiculous?


Today's SAGA:
After a hiatus caused by former owners of a show selling out and a few less that stellar years, today I was excited to see the Fine Craft Fair return to Palm Beach.  I bought my tickets in advance and saved a few dollars, so was looking forward to it.
BUT... I got there and every other booth was wearables.  Hand dyed.  Flowy.  Over designed.  By the first aisle I got it-  MY PEEPS weren't there.  The show had always attracted some arty looking fancy women, women of discerning tastes, and unlimited funds- the Palm Beach crowd   This show was catering to the remnants of that ilk-  LOTS of drapey fabrics to disguise aging bodies.  I didn't see a woman there over 5'2" and heavy, the second team had arrived to sop up the leftovers.  I know this sounds cruel but I was feeling' it today-  I was out of my element, and my actual element was gone.  Once the type of thing I like is being almost mass produced it is time to move on.  These women arrived in groups of 4 so their bodies filled every aisle as one of them found something to examine and the others were left to stand about oohing and aching in the aisles.  It took me one hour to do the whole show.  The additional thing that was there was jewelry and I am not interested-  have more than I can war now, and don't want to spend money on that.  But where were the ceramics, Furniture, the glass, the wood, the odd, the obscure, the sculptures?  Today was the end of my hitting the Palm Beach Fine Craft Fair 'cause it simply ain't there any more.  Note:  I am not disparaging a single booth, some were quite inventive and wonderful however there were simply too many of them and there was too much similar stuff from booth to booth, thus not making it SPECIAL.  

Confession Time.  I bought an orange shirt off the racks from a gal I have bought from before.  It goes with nothing but it feels good and I saved it from some Oompa Loompa with an orange fetish.  
Good Karma Time:  When I put my parking ticket into the machine I discovered the guy ahead of me didn't take his receipt but was long gone. So he paid for my parking.

My Valentine Guy
Big Ollie Smooch.

My Other Valentine Guy did me the honor of a great present, a surprise, and a wonderful moment:  he had my car washed and vacuumed.  What more can a woman ask for?
His training is really coming forth at the dog park these last few days-  that zap collar is perfect for getting his attention.  Yes, I guess I got a doggie with a touch o' ADD with the need for an electronic reminder to be a good citizen when necessary.  It's working miracles.  The collar has some very faint audible clicks as it's being used, and today I was snapping up a column of small plastic boxes in the studio.  The poor doggie was responding to the click click, click click, click click of the locking boxes like he was getting the stimulations!  But he was then really alert to what it might be that he was supposed to be doing!  The Teachable Moment!  We both get it now!

What he was NOT supposed to be doing was eating the pins that I was putting on to block my current quilt top.  Hanging things out of his reach is too high for me without a ladder, and without somebody knowing what I'm doing and doing it on ladders is scary.  Ollie's time in the studio might need some 'corrections' on what he can and cannot do.  He has been stealing my stencil brushes and chewing al the bristles out one by one before I discovered it.  We gotta meet in the middle some how.  

SQUIRRELS, Oh My

The adult sized squirrel mask.  I NEED this.  Of Course, Archie McPhee.


Today's Ahhht Lesson
I will close now with the most amazing natural artist I have found:    

  

  

  
Jon Foreman discovered land art while in college and immediately fell in love with it. He felt that the natural world had more in it to be explored, particularly where he lives, Pembrokeshire, Wales.
Since the area has an extensive coastline, a huge part of Foreman's work revolves around the stones he finds near the sea. Using everything from tiny pebbles to big rocks, the artist surprises beachgoers with mesmerizing arrangements that never cease to amaze.
"I create using many natural materials but stone has proven to be the material which I can manipulate best. Be it color, angle, shape, size, placement, spacing," Foreman told Bored Panda. "Typically, I either start with a rough idea of what I'd like to do or no idea whatsoever! Then I collect what I can carry and start by placing stone by stone, steadily losing myself in the process and disconnecting from the stress of everyday life."

  

                                                                                                          Snarky Sewin' Sandy
                                                                                                                         Y'all come back soon, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment