Saturday, February 29, 2020

barque decolourized demimonde


“Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence,”  Oscar Wilde

 
YUM, I had mushrooms for dinner too!

Truth be told, I am home sick in bed with a cold, JUST a cold, not the current virus going around!  Had the kids here last week and one was snuffy and probably caught it from him.  I never get sick, and knew something was up when I just couldn't get out of bed yesterday morning and walk Ollie at the usual 6:30 am.  So I snoozed and sniffed and shuffled around all day.  Finally took some decongestants that had been lying around forever and was able to move myself to the tv where I again fell asleep.  

So I binged on 'Gotta Call Saul' which I've not seen since season 1.  Just started on season 4, all that Netflix has, and then I have to start looking for the current season buried somewhere in tv land.  Ollie apparently feels fine peeing in his Onesie because every time I go near him it's wet.  I think its the fabric rubbing on him that has him going at inappropriate times.  His Onesie is in the dryer now for the THIRD time today, cannot go to bed without it or he'll chew his way through the little incision.  Tried the blow-up collar yesterday and today but I tuned my back and he put his new big teeth through it and it was just hanging there all deflated and sorry.  Dammit.  It was used on two previous dogs with no ill effects and this one wrecks it at 6 months old.  So the Onesie is our only defense now, we wait for it to be dry again.

So today I actually got dressed but still did as close to nothing as humanly possible-  like  reading two days of inane email.  One thing I want is a new pair of jeans so I went looking on different sites and found a few ridiculous models-  so absurd I had to steal the images and note the designers and prices.  My search was for straight legs or 'Boyfriend style, medium rise, dark wash, preferably black.  Basic everyday jeans.  Here's what the cat dragged in:

     OffWhite $625                                    R13 (SEQUINS!) $565                                                                       

Vetements  $1590, now on sale for $795      Balenciaga   $1150




Gavinchy   $850                                          Escada   $650


Brunello Cucinelli   $$1545                      Brunello Cucinelli AGAIN  $1845

First of all, I don't buy pre-torn jeans, I don't buy baggy jeans or pre-rolled or pre-belted jeans.  I don't buy sequined jeans or already patched jeans or jeans made from other jeans.  Add to that list I don't buy jeans that cost twice (or in two cases, three times!) as much as my wedding dress.  There were others but these really made my jaw drop-  WHO does this?  I can see spending money on clothes, but on special clothes, not these rags.  I admit I am old and out of touch but geesh.  Give me Levis or Madewell or NYDJ any day---IF you can find something that doesn't;t have SKINNY in the title.  I have a bad habit of moving my legs when I walk and 'skinny' won't let me bend at the knee.  It says in the description, "Our model Geanelleia is 5'11" tall and wears a size 2".  Well THIS model is 5'5" and wears a size 10! So, no jeans for Sandy.  Never mind I won't pay $1845 for anything I can't live in, like a garden shed.

Well the Onesie must be dry again by now.  Ollie has been stoking up on extra water so I know he's saving up that Reserve Tank in there to let go as soon as he gets in the crate.  Took him out today working on 'heel' command and he made it about a block before *I* got frustrated.  Gotta get this done and reliable before our last training session next week.  Also working on less biting.  This one is a tough cookie all around.

Sorry, no Ahhhh Lesson tonight, too much going on.  Maybe I will be able to see to sew tomorrow!                                                                                    Sew Not Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment