Sunday, March 8, 2020

overthrows diminutivizes amazonite

There's a WORM out tonight,
Da dada daa
Let's go strollin'!
Tonight's full moon is called the Worm Moon, don't miss it
The “worm moon”  derives from the signs of worms that typically appear in the ground this time of year, according to The Farmers' Almanac. The March full moon actually happens at 1:47 p.m. Monday, but it should appear large and bright, weather permitting, at moonrise that evening at 7:07.






Corita Kent, “I just make things I like bigger.”

SQUIRREL TIME : finger puppets, a whole set!
                                                                                           Gotta Love Archie McPhee


Did you like the Bosch Pinatas yesterday?  I have had a 'thing' for Bosch since 1974 when I found a Bosch wallpaper mural and ordered it immediately for a big blank wall in our apartment.  Wish I could find it again because I cannot begin to tell you how many hours we spent laughing at all the figures going about their daily business back in their Medieval village.  Wish it was still available. ANYway, I don't have a wall for it any more-  years of living has filled up my spaces and in fact I only have 1 little quilt hanging in my house.  Seems like I am not the most popular artist living here.  Oh well, at least I am 'retired' now so have an excuse for no work hanging. My SO ain't my biggest fan, yet he is always promoting me to a fault.  Nobody walking in the door expects or wants the curators hard sell. I keep quiet and know he's banking on my income for our old age.  HAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAH

I'm not finished with Bosch yet (are you surprised?).  And so the
(ALMOST) AHHHT LESSON continues:
A floating parade dedicated to painter Hieronymus Bosch honors the artist’s fascination with the fantastical and absurd in an annual event that embodies his philosophy and aesthetic. The 2019 occurrence of the Bosch Parade included a musical performance played on a partially submerged piano and a scene with two people straddling enormous horns, just two of fourteen vignettes devoted to an evolving story about “power and counterforce, battle and rapprochement, chaos and hope.”
Bosch is known for his symbolic paintings often tying in gruesome representations of the afterlife and human desire and fear. He is also regarded as one of the earliest genre painters, depicting common people and their everyday experiences. The annual Bosch Parade is described by organizers as “a theatrical and musical art spectacle on water,” drawing thousands of visitors to the southern city of Hertogenbosch in the Netherlands, where Bosch was born and eventually got his name from.






Now that is yet another reason to get to the Netherlands!


Pulsating Particular Parting Thoughts
Cartoonist Hugh MacLeod is as well-known for his irreverent doodles as he is for his opinionated musings on creativity, culture, and the meaning of life. In Ignore Everybody: and 39 Other Keys to Creativity, he gathers his most astute advice on the creative life. Particularly resonant with my own beliefs about the importance of choices is this insight about setting boundaries:
16. The most important thing a creative per­son can learn professionally is where to draw the red line that separates what you are willing to do, and what you are not. 
Art suffers the moment other people start paying for it. The more you need the money, the more people will tell you what to do. The less control you will have. The more bullshit you will have to swallow. The less joy it will bring. Know this and plan accordingly.
                                                                                 Sandy Sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment